How to Backup your LCA Email
This guide will take you through how to create a backup file and archive your LCA email through Outlook. This guide will work for Outlook 2013/2016
Creating an Outlook backup can be done by following the steps below:
- Open Outlook to access your LCA Email account.
- Select File in the top left corner
- Open the Open & Export menu on the left and select Import/Export option
- Choose the second option in the list – Export to a file.
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.
- Select the name of the email account to export. Only information for one account can be exported information at a time.
- Make sure that the Include subfolders check box is selected. This way everything in the account will be exported: Calendar, Contacts, and Inbox etc.
- Choose Next.
- Select Browse to navigate where you want to save the Outlook Data File (.pst) locally to your computer. Type a file name and select OK to continue.
- (Remember where you have saved your file as you may need it to import later back into Outlook or to copy the file to another device)
- If you are exporting to an existing Outlook Data File (.pst), under Options, specify what to do when exporting items that already exist in the file.
- If required, create a password for the file, otherwise, press OK.
- Click Finish.
- You have now created an Outlook backup file.
If you experience problems:
For LCA IT Services (Support): https://its.lca.org.au and submit a job (you will need your username and password), and an IT Officer will respond to your query.
Alternatively you can contact us on 08 8267 7380 between 8:30am to 4:30pm (ACST) or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.